Saturday, June 12, 2010

Having it all

This morning I happened to catch a part of the Reunion of the Housewives of New York. And there was one thing that really struck me. Bethenny was becoming emotional about having a successful business, a wonderful fiancĂ©, and a baby on the way. According to her, she never thought that she could or even would "have it all".
Wow!
Since when has it become a time that women feel like, what I call "The Package", was out of reach? Many, including myself at some point of desperateness, feel that they must trade a successful career for a marriage and baby or vice versa. When did this happen? Regardless, it is important for us to know that it is not the case.
My road to having my "Package" has had it's valleys and mountains, but recognizing that its a journey and that what I'm wanting is not a destination, was the key to me having it all. Right now, my life is in a good place. I'm in a wonderful, supportive relationship with a man that I can say is my best friend, have an engaging career, and see the possibility of having a baby as more than just a dream. And just to think it all began with prayer. A simple prayer that was heard and now being manifested.
Empower yourself with prayer and there is nothing that can stop you...including, but not limited to, having it All.

Peace, Life, Love

No comments: