Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Life Lesson....

I am a life long learner...I love learning new things. However, there is something that I believe is my lesson to truly learn in this lifetime is Patience! I read my Rev. Run Words of Wisdom this morning, which often provides me with inspiration to write. This morning's message was "Patience is a science of peace". Wow!
Patience is defined as 1). quiet, steady perseverance; even-tempered care; diligence, 2). an ability or willingness to suppress restlessness or annoyance when confronted with delay.
Peace is defined as 1). freedom of the mind from annoyance, distraction, anxiety, an obsession, etc.; tranquillity; serenity, 2). silence; stillness.
By definition alone, these two concepts indeed go hand in hand. This is why I must achieve it heart to heart, mind to mind, and soul to soul.
How does one become patient? How does one reach peace?
First stop is Prayer.
Secondly through Purpose. What is my purpose? What is that I need to be patient about? How can I reach this peacefully.
Through prayer, my answers will come.
And like anything new that you may learn, Practice, Practice, Practice for things to become Perfect.
Therefore, on my path I will pray with purpose asking for Peace (heart, mind, soul, actions, and words) which will bring Patience, and practice it until I become perfect in the art of Patience. Life lessons to learn....

No comments: