Monday, May 31, 2010

In Memorial

Today marks the holiday that we officially honor those who have served to protect our country and all it stands for. I believe that there is never enough gratitude to those that are currently and have done this for us.
It frightens me to think if I would have personally lost a loved one or friend to battle. I try to understand ones need to fullfill this service and come to terms to why we are in wars in the first place.
Now not to diminish what this day was originally intended for. But how could we not truly keep in memory and honor those who also made sacrifices with their lives and more for all of the other ways our lives have been changed? So in addition to servicemen and servicewomen, I want to honor and thank my ancestors, civil rights pursurers, and anyone else that has done something to make a difference in the way I am able to live today! Thank you, thank you, and thank you! I salute you all!
Peace, Life, Love

No comments: