Thursday, December 11, 2008

Happiness and Expectations

"Remember that very little is needed to make a happy life".
And expectations can become obligations.

Often we confuse the fulfillment of our expectations with achieving happiness.
I have tried stay a simple girl (K.I.S.S.- keep it simple sista!) but as I went along in life, I began to think that I had the right to expectations. And little by little those expectations became obligations and responsibilities to myself and others. All for the sake of searching for happiness.

This could not be farther from the truth. In fact, I read today about turning the word expectation into a verb, instead of treating it as a noun. Therefore, I will return to my promise of K.I.S.S.ing...I am expecting happiness; meaning, no one (not even me) is obligated in any way to make me happy.But expect its presentation to me in simple things of life.
And in that thought alone, I feel FREE !

No comments: